Skills that span across the curriculum, and will be key to preparing the next generation to make the best life for themselves, mankind and our planet. Skills like;
Our children will have to navigate against a backdrop of opportunity, challenge and change; the need to diversify and show resilience will be essential
Our concept of Coaching in the Classroom is that children are taught HOW their amazing brain works and how they think; powerful transformation is inevitable. The Curriculum is centred around a core coaching storybook and all the lessons have been created to be inclusive, engaging and spark wisdom and wonder in your pupils.
Teachers who attended our CPD workshop, Harnessing the Power of Storytelling to Build Resilience and Empathy in the Classroom, as a great first step to developing awareness, experience ideas which can immediately be implemented in the classroom, and develop familiarity with the Coaching in the Classroom methodology.
If you would be keen to book onto a workshop please head over to grab a spot.
Mankind has shared stories for hundreds of years,;from the first cave paintings to our libraries and kindles of today, stories have been a fundamental communication tool and our way of handing down lessons, practices, morals and values to the next generation.
When we listen to an instruction or read a fact the only parts of the brain that light up are the language processing parts, which allow us to translate words into meaning.
But when we listen to a story it switches on several parts of our brain all at the same time; the parts we use for thinking, communicating and feeling things (our emotions). We feel for the characters, their experiences remind us of our experiences, our imaginations allow us to explore places and situations we have not physically experienced ourselves. In essence our brains experience the characters experience as if we were experiencing it ourselves.
Having heard this I think you will agree with us that stories provide us with a unique opportunity that allow us to explore tricky topics, create emotions, bring awareness and change perceptions, simply by reading a story. We can do all of this without nagging, lecturing, begging or preaching to children.
We have a personal mission to reach and empower 1 million children to have the knowledge, strategies and tools; giving them the soft skills and mental strength to live an extraordinary life, one without limits.
We can vision a world, where looking after and strengthening mental and emotional health is rejoiced, encouraged and is the norm. We can imagine a world where diversity, free thinking, creativity and uniqueness are embraced and celebrated.
Creating a generation capable of living in confidence, in high esteem and with the self-efficacy to become the change makers and story tellers of their own lives.
We simply cannot reach 1 million children alone, nor do we want to, we want to create a community that shares our mission and vision and are part of creating this reality.
In essence we want to partner with passionate, caring teachers, like you, who can see the instant value and power of this approach and are feeling called upon to make a difference in the lives of every single child in their class.
“I have been on a lot of courses and have taught Fight, Flight, Freeze to staff, but I have never thought of teaching it to children. They were amazed at how amazing their brains actually are and it made them feel better to know that it didn’t just happen to them – everyone worries.” Ms. Thornley Head Teacher
The Worry storybook tells of a boy, called Alfie who has a worry he is trying to hide and his Gran who spots the signs of Worry and know just what to do.
Having inner wisdom Gran, invites them both to tea and Alfie learns to get to know his worry better. By understanding why it has shown up and how to shrink it, Alfie learns to handle his Worry and your pupils will learn they can too.
A guide to developing your coaching approach in the classroom
· An in-depth explanation of our 6-step wisdom process
· Information to give you confidence in explaining what you are doing within the classroom setting
· A letter to parents to explain what your class will be covering this term and how parents can support their own child to talk about worries when they come up.
· Beautiful Wall display materials to create an interesting and interactive display in minutes
· A bank of open questions to help spark curiosity
· A reflective practice log which you can use after each lesson as CPD evidence, and also to develop and grow as a coach in your classroom
· Links to Curriculum for Excellence and National Curriculum outcomes
· Lesson intentions and success criteria are provided to support your planning and delivery
· 12 fun, innovative lessons that will have your whole class engaged – these comprehensive lesson plans have full instructions, scripts and ideas to develop your confidence and skills as the Coach in the Classroom.
· 58 Photocopy Masters that can be used flexibly to either build into a beautiful workbook for each pupil or you can print of what you need per lesson.
This slide deck runs alongside the lesson plans to engage and enhance teaching, learning and coaching opportunities.
Our Facebook Community is a supportive and safe professional forum; along with the regular Q&A, training and support as you deliver the curriculum, a place to share your wins, we will all ultimately benefit for the collective wisdom and support of like-minded, inspirational and courageous teachers like yourself.